Our ESOL Instructors
- Hold advanced degrees in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, Linguistics, English, Education, related field or English teaching certification at State or National level.
- Have acquired extensive intercultural and pedagogical skills through extensive overseas experience.
- Are dedicated educators who are motivated not only to help their students achieve their English language goals, but also to learn to adapt to American life and culture.
1. Two Pre-Beginner Courses
These courses are for students with limited English experi- ence who, based on placement test results and instructors’ recommendations, place below ESOL beginner level courses. The goal of instruction is to prepare students to enter beginner level courses within two sessions. To achieve this goal, instruction focuses on developing students’ English competency by helping them to acquire skills in all basic areas (listening, speaking, reading, and writing). It empha- sizes listening comprehension, speaking practice, reading, and intensive general vocabulary development.
2. Six Core Levels
The main purpose of the Core Levels is to develop students' fluency in English. Core courses focus on the development of grammar, reading, speaking, listening, and writing. All skills are taught in order of difficulty, allowing students to develop the necessary skills in sequence.
3. English for Specific Purposes
These courses were designed for students at a high profi- ciency level in English, who wish to strengthen or polish their English skills in order to better prepare for academic studies. Courses include Academic Writing, Speaking and Pronunciation for Academic Study, American Culture, American Fiction, and English for Business.
4. ESOL Summer Courses – Explore America!
These courses provide students with the opportunity to spend the summer improving their English language skills while exploring and learning about life in the U.S. Courses include Everyday Conversation and Current Events.
5. TOEFL iBT Preparation
Students receive instruction and opportunity for practice that closely mirrors the actual TOEFL iBT test. This helps them to master the skills necessary to achieve the best possible score.
- 8-Week sessions
- 4 Courses: Grammar, Writing, Speaking & ing & Listening, Reading.
- 4 days/week – 20 hours/week
- Morning Classes: 9AM-2PM
- Afternoon Classes: 1PM-6PM
- Evening Classes: 5:30PM-10:30PM