GCU

ESOL

GCU

ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)

Welcome to our ESOL!

Do you know why learning English is so important? First, when people with different languages come together, they commonly use English to communi- cate. Secondly, knowing English increases your chances of getting a good job in a multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad. Thirdly, If you speak English there are lots of opportunities for you to find an appropriate school and course to suit your academics needs. If you are planning on learning English, I strongly encourage you to consider our ESOL program. We offer a curriculum based on consistent quality and con- tinuous research, which allows the program to stay current, and we recruit and retain highly qualified and experienced instructors who understand stu- dents’ needs. We take pride in watching our students steadily progressing from a beginner level to a high proficiency level in English. Our program has helped many students accomplish their goal of either successfully transfer- ring to an English academic program, or simply being able to function in an English speaking environment. Contact us today to find out how we can help you achieve your goals.

Director of ESOL

What our students say about us!

“You guys have great teachers and staff. I think the teaching methodolo- gy is good. I like that there is a computer lab in the building and that the university offers degree programs after we complete ESOL.”

by Igor Caldas

“You guys have great teachers and staff. I think the teaching methodolo- gy is good. I like that there is a computer lab in the building and that the university offers degree programs after we complete ESOL.”

by Igor Caldas

“The teachers are great! They teach very well, and they are always avail- able to help or simply to have a conversation. I really like the outdoor activities because they help me visit great areas around the city and practice my English at the same time.”

by Bianca Queiroz

Mission Statement

The mission of the ESOL program is to develop our students' academic and business communication skills, which are vital to life in the United States. The program provides a complete course of instruction and electives in the linguistic and pragmatic aspects of the English language, enabling students to acclimate to and fully partici- pate in diverse communities ranging from local to international and college to university.

Highlights of the Program

• Interactive courses using audio/visual technology
  • Separate classes for Grammar, Writing, Reading, and Speaking/Listening.
  • Free Tutoring Center for extra help. Unlimited access to online practice.
  • Specialized courses include Business English, American Culture, and TOEFL Preparation
  • Flexible schedule: Morning and Evening classes. Small class sizes that improve individualized attention.
  • Expert language instructors. ABHE accredited institutions.

Student Placement

Students are carefully evaluated with a comprehensive placement test to determine their accurate starting level.