Financial Aid Admission - FAFSA Applicants

Federal financial aid includes grant and low-interest loan programs from the U.S. Department of Education to help you pay for your college tuition and expenses– because nothing should hold you back from reaching your full potential. You also don't have to go it alone. Our finance advisors are on hand to help guide you through the process.
For a financial aid process, a student needs to follow the financial aid process.

1st step:

To qualify for federal financial aid, students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each school year.
Go online to www.fafsa.gov, complete and submit the FAFSA application.

2nd step:

a) After completing the FAFSA online, you must do Georgia Central University INTERVIEW
b) Once you complete the 2nd step, the financial aid office will confirm your registration by email.
Please note: Applying for Financial Aid is not applying to the University. You must complete an admissions application to be a candidate for Georgia Central University.

3rd step:

If you are applying for Federal Direct Loans, you must go online to www.studentloans.gov by using the same FSA (FAFSA) ID and PW to access.
Must complete the Entrance Counseling.
Please submit the confirmation page to the Office of Financial Aid. Must sign the Master Promissory Note (MPN)
Students desiring scholarships or state and federal financial aid should complete a FAFSA form (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa) and then obtain financial aid advising from the Financial Aid office.


Students intending to enter Georgia Central University should carefully consider financial planning. All student bills are due and payable each semester at the time a student registers for courses.
If tuition and / or fees are to be paid to the University on behalf of the student by a third-party, the student is responsible to confirm that the third-party full payment when payment is due. Failure to complete on-time payment by the third-party does not relieve the student of responsibility for payment of such fees.


Georgia Central University (GCU) evaluates students for compliance with the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) policy for financial aid eligibility at the end of each academic year. Those students who do not meet the SAP standard will be placed on Financial Aid Suspension and will no longer be eligible to receive financial aid. Students who lose their financial aid eligibility may submit an appeal to the Office of Financial Aid (OFA) for reinstatement of financial aid.
The appeals process allows students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program and have lost financial aid eligibility due to unsatisfactory academic progress toward graduation to petition for reinstatement of their financial aid. Federal and state regulations require students to comply with standards of academic progress as defined by the OFA.
Please click here for our full SAP Policy


If you withdraw, drop out, are dismissed, or take a leave of absence from Georgia Central University prior to completing 60 percent of a payment period or term, the Office of Financial Aid recalculates eligibility for Title IV funds. Recalculation is based on the percentage of earned aid using the following Federal Return of Title IV funds formula:
Percentage of payment period or term completed equals the number of days completed up to the withdrawal date divided by the total days in the payment period or term. Any break of five days or more is not counted as part of the days in the term. This percentage is also the percentage of earned aid.
Funds are returned to the appropriate federal program based on the percentage of unearned aid using the following formula: Aid to be returned equals (100 percent of the aid that could be disbursed minus the percentage of earned aid) multiplied by the total amount of aid that could have been disbursed during the payment period or term.
If you earned less aid than was disbursed, the University would be required to return a portion of the funds, and you would be required to return a portion of the funds. Keep in mind that when Title IV funds are returned, you may owe the University.
If you earned more aid than was disbursed to you, the University would owe you a post-withdrawal disbursement, which must be paid within 120 days of your withdrawal.

Refunds are allocated in the following order:

  • Unsubsidized Direct Loans
  • Subsidized Direct Loans
  • Direct PLUS Loans
  • Federal Pell Grants for which a return of funds is required.
  • Federal Supplemental Opportunity Grants for which a return of funds is required.
  • Other assistance under this title for which a return of funds is required.
** For detailed Financial Aid information consult the Academic Catalog or contact a Financial Aid advisor in the Financial Aid Office.