GCU will review earned credits from other institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. This includes U.S.-accredited international institutions.
The evaluation of your transcript will take into consideration the following factors to ensure you are placed at the appropriate educational level
- Registration with the country's governing academic body
- Course or degree subject matter
- Grading scale or criteria
- Unit of credit
- Course or degree descriptions
- Third-party analysis of country's degree in comparison to similar U.S. degree
GCU reserves the right to individually evaluate international credentials or to refer them to a credential evaluation service.
* There are several transcript evaluation services available to students. Approved official evaluation services are NARIC, NACES or AICE. Please note that prospective students must request translation of non-English documents and are responsible for all translation costs incurred.